Avitus Group, a Business Solutions Firm serving clients across the United States, is seeking a new team member in our benefits department at our operations center in Anchorage, AK. This career position of Benefits Administrative Assistant will assist with the daily administration of the benefits department for Avitus Group and our valued members.
- Monitors hire dates of all new hires for eligibility reporting by member. Prepares memos and new hire packets for all new hires. Follows up on responses from new employees.
- Maintain filing system and initiate procedures for document recording.
- May assist in preparing documents and reports pertaining to member adoption agreements.
- Research and complete medical support orders.
- Assist Benefits Specialist in the implementation of services including preparation of documents.
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Coordinate with Benefits Team Lead and carriers to resolve discrepancies found during insurance statement reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Maintain employee medical files, enrollment interest and other statistics, reports, and all correspondence, ensuring the accuracy of such documents.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Follow up and documentation of employees receipt of enrollment materials.
- Coordinate with WA office regarding new hires.
- Process daily reports and update Benefits Spreadsheets as needed.
- Distributing Cobra documents as well as entering on line notifications for some clients.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Assist in special events, such as Open Enrollments etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services; this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
1-2 years of related experience, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures including managing files, records, and other office procedures and terminology.