Insurance Customer Service Representative
Who are we?
At Avitus Group, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, HR, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What are we looking for?
We are adding a CSR to our growing team! This person would be responsible for assisting our internal staff as well as customers.
Is this you?
Expectations / Typical “Day in the Life”:
- Hold a Current / Active Insurance Property / Casualty Producer License
- Ability to multi-task and cope with a fast paced busy environment
- Able to critically analyze all situations and solve problems through conflict resolution
- Capable of handling difficult customers with a professional attitude
- Effective communication skills both verbal and non-verbal
- A good listener with sound judgement
- Maintain strong Desk and Time Management organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new processes/system and grow in the Insurance industry
- Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
- Punctual at all times and able to work flexible work hours
- Maintain a positive and friendly working attitude
- High School Graduate / GED
- Understand the company’s insurance policies and products and be able to describe all coverages and whether a policy covers a specific type of loss.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all insurance online rating systems.
- Discuss with Producers and Customers about the insurance carriers policies, products and services.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Underwriting/ Accounting process including quoting, binding, policy issuance, issuing statements, and Certificates of Insurance.
- Analyze customer’s questions and complaints with the Insurance Agency Manager and BD Producers to recommend solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Have a thorough understanding of Documentation/Recording for all conversations with clients, BE Producers and Insurance Underwriters and provide details of inquiries / complaints and the action steps that were taken for resolution.
- Assist BD Producers in the completion/filing of policy documents (i.e. Accord Application, Supplemental Applications, etc.) and notify the Producers whenever an error is discovered or when there needs to be a corrections to any documents.
- Have a thorough knowledge of running MVR’s (Motor Vehicle Reports) Credit Checks any required Background Information for the required gathering of Underwriting Information.
- Send emails, newsletters, mail and forms of correspondences to customers and Producers.
- Receive reports of claims and communicate reports of investigation to Insurance Producers and policy holders.
- Forward and expedite all claims to the appropriate insurance claims departments for handling and investigation.
- Maintain strong clientele relationship with customers.
- Maintain strong work relationships with Insurance Carriers, Underwriters & Service Departments.
- Act as a liaison with other intercompany departments and provide assistance when requested.
- Manage and protect the reputation of the company and the Insurance Carriers that we represent.
**All employees of Avitus Group must clear a comprehensive criminal background check upon hire**