.NET C# Software Developer
Who are we?
At Avitus Group, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, HR, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What are we looking for?
A .NET C# Software Developer to join our Information Systems department! This mid-level position will maintain existing application with a focus on documentation and quality customer experience, and some new application development for Avitus Group. We are seeking a driven candidate who is committed to a career in software development.
‘Day in the Life’:
Is this you?
- Provide applications enhancements, development, and system support of production systems to deliver quality service to Avitus Group and its clients.
- Writes technical and user documentation of existing and new software and processes according to the company’s standards.
- Provide technical support in areas of applications and/or systems development and maintenance.
- Design, code, test, document, and install new applications and systems, or perform maintenance (i.e., changes, enhancements, etc.) to existing systems and applications as directed/required.
- Ensure all development efforts are in accordance with guidelines of the company’s system development and coding standards.
- Act as liaison with internal departments in developing functional system design and business requirements.
- Responsible for developing new tools or processes for automation and improving work flow.
- Requires understanding of concepts and principals of SQL relational databases and accounting/financial applications. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Requires occasional on-call support, including weekends and after-hours support.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field of study from a four-year college or university
- 2-5 year related experience with .NET, C# and T-SQL
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of the Windows operating system (PC and Server)
- Experience with XAML, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Experience with reporting and ETL software - SSRS (required) and SSIS (preferred)
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Excelling in a team environment where strong collaboration and high work ethic is essential
- Application experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft CRM, or other ERP systems is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
**All employees of Avitus Group must clear a comprehensive criminal background check upon hire**