Who are we?
Nev’s Ink, Inc. has been “sticking” around since 1989. We specialize in producing high quality label and tape for the medical and healthcare industry. We pride ourselves on knowing our customers and tailoring our process to provide them what they need with great quality. Our steep tradition in customer service is why we boast a 96% retention rate. We have never met a problem we can't help solve or a label we can't do.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an IT Manager who can ensure efficient communication and operation of the business information technology infrastructure, both internally and with outside partners, by providing reliable, useable, and useful IT implementations. This person will report to our Operations Manager.
‘Day in the life’:
Expectations from your department?
- Analyze computer needs and recommend possible upgrades and new implementations.
- Learn new technology and look for ways to upgrade you organization’s computer systems.
- Assess the costs and benefits of a new project to justify spending.
- Installing and upgrading of computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and repair desktop and server problems.
- Ensure the security of the organization’s network and electronic documents.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintain professional technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies.
- Provide user support and training as needed.
- Create and maintain custom tools that are not available in packaged software.
- Develop annual budgets and monitor and approve departmental spending.
- Adheres to our Code of Conduct
What do we require?
- Ensure the integrity of data
- Make data secure, but readily available
- Provide utility for decision support, general manufacturing operation, and Nev’s Ink’s specific lines of business.
- Provide the highest feasible level of data and business application available through implementation of disaster recovery policies.
Is this you?
- Proficiency in and knowledge of:
- Computer operating systems, incl. Mac OSX (incl. Server), Windows XP, 7, and 8, Windows Server 2003 and higher
- Microsoft Biztal Server technology, incl.
- E-commerce standards, including EDI
- ERP software (Labeltraxx preferred)
- Database management, incl. Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later) and MySQL
- Mail server technology
- Web server technology, Incl. IIS and Apache
- Virtualization technologies (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware)
- Backup and disaster recovery standards, best practices, and tools
- Directory services
- Productivity software (Microsoft Office products and related)
- Basic computer hardware knowledge
- LAN Network infrastructure knowledge, incl. design and implementation, cabling, router hardware, WiFi, firewall, and network security
- Basic understanding of VoIP technologies as it relates to network integration
- Programming skills (.NET, VB, scripting)
- Internet and intranet development desired
- Business acumen and knowledge of manufacturing, preferably the printing industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management skills helpful
- Able to present and explain technical concepts to a non-computer audience within all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing and maintaining business class computer networks
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in a computer-related field (Bachelor’s degree is desired)
- Demonstrated certifications helpful
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**
- 401K with 5% match