Who are we?
Nev’s Ink, Inc. has been “sticking” around since 1989. We specialize in producing high quality label and tape for the medical and healthcare industry. We pride ourselves on knowing our customers and tailoring our process to provide them what they need with great quality. Our steep tradition in customer service is why we boast a 96% retention rate. We have never met a problem we can't help solve or a label we can't do.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team! This person will direct the operations of production, finishing, scheduling and distribution of personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. Make specific job assignments in accordance with scheduling requirements on a daily basis develops and implements work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operation.
‘Day in the life’:
What do we require?
- Work with the President, Controller, and outside consultants in establishing goals, budgets, and quarterly objectives (Rocks).
- Work with management team to achieve quarterly objectives and track progress in Align.
- Establish detailed working procedures that are followed on all shifts. When new equipment is installed and or machines have been modified it is your responsibility to insure training is completed.
- Coach managers to achieve individual as well as departmental goals.
- Develop measurement tools for managers to utilize for continuous improvement.
- Work with CSR manager and scheduler to establish appropriate inventory levels.
- Leads daily huddles to insure objective are kept on track.
- Track and report quality in manufacturing, used to establish metrics.
- Track capacity utilization to determine levels per operator.
- Track ticket issues and provides data to CSR Manager, for use as a metric.
- Work with HR in establishing policies.
- Work with HR and managers to implement company policies.
- Tour the departments regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations, and solve problems.
- Enforce strict adherence to maintenance routines.
- Demand standards of order and cleanliness in the pressroom area.
- Ensure that equipment is used in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to ensure that a sound maintenance program is being followed once the operators have established what is needed on each press.
- Monitor budget to insure company goals are achieved.
- Coach employees when necessary.
- Promote the Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Is this you?
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Provide quality system work
- Can take direct responsibility for employee management
- Proven leadership skills
- Able to achieve budget requirements
- Assess capacity levels
- Team player who can work with other management teams to achieve goals
- Minimum 5 years in a Production management environment
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus!
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**
- 401K with 5% match