Senior Payroll Tax Specialist
Who are we?
At Avitus Group, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, HR, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What we are looking for?
A Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist to support our rapidly growing client base and team at our Aurora, CO headquarters! We are looking for someone seeking a position with a great environment and excellent team members.
‘Day in the life’:
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of all federal, state and local tax liabilities for clients.
- Prepare and file required federal, state and local payroll returns for all tax entities.
- Prepare and file forms W2.
- Assist in management of ACA tracking and preparation and filing of forms 1095.
- Review all new clients for proper tax set up by verifying that taxes are calculated and withheld for all applicable entities.
- Assist with corrections where necessary.
- Monitor processed payrolls on a daily basis to detect errors. Assist payroll operations staff in making corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Serve as a resource to clients and payroll operations staff in understanding tax and compliance issues.
- Provide guidance to clients in registering for state and local tax accounts.
- Respond to and resolve client tax notices by working directly with the client and the agency.
- Work closely with Avitus Payroll Services manager to develop and implement proper standard operating procedure for tax processing. Assist in developing appropriate audit procedures to ensure 100% accuracy of payments and filing and a traceable audit trail.
- Work closely with APS manager to develop daily reconciliation procedures, end of day, end of quarter and year end procedures.
- Spearhead transition from MasterTax to iSolved tax.
- Maintain Reporting Agent Authorizations with the IRS and obtain state POA documents when necessary.
- Coordinate annual rate updates for unemployment and other state and local taxes to ensure rates are up to date year to year.
- Maintain third party access for states and localities and work to set up third party access for all states and localities when possible.
- Stay up to date on tax and labor law changes.
- Provide assistance to clients in adjusting/amending prior quarter returns.
Is this you?
- Proven track record as a problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Excel
- Has a strong understanding of payroll tax
- Focus on prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Drive to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Organizational skills
- Adaptability in a diversified team environment
Benefits of working for us:
- Competitive Wages
- Great Health, Dental & Vision benefit plans
- Career advancement
- 5 minutes to DTC
- Walking distance to the Nine Mile light rail station
- Onsite Fitness center with showers and lockers
- Onsite Deli
- Easy location at I-225 and Parker Road
- Beautiful Mountain Views around the brand new office
If you're ready to be valued in your work environment and ready to love your career, please apply today!
**All employees of Avitus Group must clear a comprehensive criminal background check upon hire**