Director of Payroll
Who are we?
At Avitus Group, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, HR, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What are we looking for?
A Payroll Director to manage and direct the operations of the payroll department, to mentor employees, and serve as a knowledge base in all PEO payroll-related matters.
‘Day in the life’:
What do we require?
- Oversee the payroll department as it relates to PEO employees
- Create, review, and maintain job descriptions within the department
- Plan and oversee new employee orientation process
- Conduct interviews for new, replacement, and promotional positions
- Coordinate activities in major operational areas of the company
- Delegate work assignments, set expectations, and monitor delegated activities
- Provide solutions for clients and staff through various troubleshooting methods
- Attend workshops and review field publications to maintain technical knowledge
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures
- Ensure departmental and company policies and procedures are upheld
- Articulate departmental and company goals and vision
- Be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Prepare and deliver reports to Board of Directors
- Prepare various payroll reports
- Respond promptly to client needs and complaints
- Maximize departmental productivity
- Prepare and conduct regular employee evaluations; Giving and welcoming feedback
- Build employee morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Actively mentor and guide staff, Assistant Managers, and Supervisors
- Build and maintain strong working relationships
- Assess and diffuse difficult situations; Advise and Resolve employee relations issues
- Conduct and manage disciplinary actions
- Make hiring, firing, and compensation recommendations
Is this you?
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Payroll Department leadership
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong group presentation skills
- Objective and open to other’s views
- Supportive of others’ efforts to succeed and recognize accomplishments
- Proven track record as a problem solver
- Adaptability in a diversified team environment
- Full Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Career advancement
- Walking distance to the Nine Mile light rail station
- Onsite Fitness center with showers and lockers
- Beautiful Mountain Views around the brand new office
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**