Human Resources Consultant
Who are we?
At Avitus Group
, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, Human Resources
, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What are we looking for?
A client-facing Human Resources Consultant to join our growing team in the Whitefish, MT area! The Human Resources Consultant will act as a trusted advisor to clients while solving their critical business challenges.
‘Day in the life’:
What do we require?
- Schedule and conduct orientation meetings for new clients and work site employees.
- Provide Human Resource Consultation and advice in-person or virtually with clients based on needs analysis and expectations outlined in the client service plan.
- Perform client visits to introduce new products, services, and technologies to clients.
- Develop appropriate strategies for clients regarding employee relations, disciplinary action, operations, and performance issues.
- Assist clients with resolution of employee issues pertaining to leaves of absence, workers' compensation, and disability accommodations.
- Act as liaison with branch, region, and corporate offices to facilitate resolution of client issues regarding benefits, payroll, human resources, and safety.
- Follow through on requests from clients, corporate, and Regional HR Manager and senior leadership.
- Develop and implement employee handbook(s).
- Respond to client phone calls, messages and emails and provide insightful guidance in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with Safety Consultants and advise Safety team of potential risks and safety training opportunities.
- Partner with Payroll team to ensure clients are compliant with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws.
- Works in conjunction with payroll team to ensure clients enter new hires in a timely fashion.
Is this you?
- Ability to drive HR initiatives with a client portfolio consisting of clients across multiple industries and disciplines.
- Capable of strengthening the connection with clients through strategic account management and consultation.
- Utilize human capital management expertise to deliver ‘best in class’ service resulting in excellent client satisfaction.
- Conduct Needs Analysis to determine client needs and develop service plan.
- Inform and educate clients about Human Resources policies, procedures, performance management, recruitment, and employee relations issues.
- Deliver seminar presentations that meet high quality standards on a variety of HR topics, such as Non Harassment and Workplace Violence, Top 10 HR Issues, HIPPA, Best Hiring Practices, etc.
- Partner with Business Development in boosting growth through active promotion of XG2 initiative.
- Ability to build strong client relationships and provide quality service in an effort to retain client base.
- Sees big picture to strategize with assigned clients on business objectives and work to create solutions that impact business priorities.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation, and convey local, state, and federal laws to clients to maintain compliance.
**All employees of Avitus Group must clear a comprehensive criminal background check upon hire**
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – new employees accrue 3 weeks during their first year
- 401k Matching Program
- Wellness Plan – we encourage our employees to live a healthier lifestyle while having the opportunity to earn more PTO!