Help Desk Specialist
Who are we?
At Avitus Group, our mission is to help business owners thrive. Our experienced team of professionals is dedicated to being a part of a business owner’s toolkit, so they have the time to focus on what they love, their business. We offer a wide array of services including Co-employment, Payroll, Tax, Safety & Risk, IT, Recruiting, P&C Insurance, HR, Corporate Training, and Benefits.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Help Desk Specialist to join our Corporate Technology team in Aurora, CO!
Day in the life:
Is this you?
- Work as part of a helpdesk team, answering questions and resolving software and hardware issues for employees either in person, via phone or through an enterprise ticketing system.
- Accept technical support calls and emails to the Technology Department and track issues to resolution via an enterprise help desk system.
- Respond to telephone support calls, email and internal requests. This requires support for Accounting, Payroll and HR software applications along with PC and Windows troubleshooting.
- Typical duties may include setup of user accounts, resetting of user passwords, general technology questions, setup and basic troubleshooting of PCs, mobile devices, printers and phones, and configuration and shipping of client time clocks.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Provides hands-on or virtual training to help resolve user issues and develops troubleshooting guides and tips sheets as required.
What do we require?
- Strong customer service, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with focus on providing clear and concise instructions and documentation for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Exceptional customer service skills in person, over the phone, and through electronic communication.
- Ability to triage and troubleshoot unfamiliar issues.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Associate degree (A.A.) in relevant technical field from two-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktops.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server products, especially Active Directory.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Experience in Asset Management is a plus
- Experience in a virtualized computing environment is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise applications (such Dynamics or CRM) or document imaging software a plus.
- Experience with Office 365 is a plus.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, or other technical certifications preferred.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand or bend for long periods of time and must also be able to lift 40 pounds and push/pull carts when necessary.
- Able to be in the On Call Shift rotation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid time off (accrue 3 weeks in your first year)
- Wellness program to earn even more time off
- Competitive wages
- Great work culture
**All employees of Avitus Group must clear a comprehensive criminal background check upon hire.**