Who are we?
HRDC is a non-profit Community Action Agency dedicated to building a better community through innovations and leadership. HRDC provides programs and services in the areas of Housing, Food & Nutrition, Child & Youth Development, Senior Empowerment, Community Transportation, Home Heating-Energy-Safety, and Community Development.
What are we looking for?
A Senior Accountant to join our growing team in Bozeman, MT!
‘Day in the life’:
Maintain the General Ledgers including:
Prepare and submit financial program reports for various HRDC programs:
- Assist with creating funds and accounts in accounting system
- Preparation, review and approval, or entry of journal entries
- Monthly cost pool allocations and closing entries
- Fund reconciliations and investigations of differences
Assist with annual audit preparation:
- Administrative Services budgets and monthly comparisons to actual costs
- Monthly internal reports
- Quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and grant closeout reports as required
Prepare deposits of cash receipts and maintain Cash Receipts Journals:
- Reconciliation and closeout of funds
- Fixed Asset reconciliation and depreciation calculations
- Draft or review subsidiary ledgers for auditors as needed
- Interact with compliance monitors and auditors
- Generate supplemental schedules for audit report
- Assist with review of draft audit report and 990
Assist and cross-train as backup for agency payroll:
- Code cash receipts and assemble supporting documentation for journal entries
- Reconcile cash receipts to amounts billed/owed
Prepare billings and cash draw-downs:
- Review time sheet data and import into the accounting system
- Create ACH file and transfer funds to payroll account for DDP and 401k
- Review tax deposits and quarterly 941/UI reports
- Verify other reports as required (Vac/Sick accrual, W-2, 401k census, etc)
Assist in accounts payable claim form processing as required:
- Prepare forms for approval and process cash draws
What do we require?
- Review recurring payroll claims
- Assist with proofing, processing, or check printing as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from four-year college or university required
- 2-4 years of professional experience with focus on non-profit and governmental accounting preferred
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plan
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (moves to 5 weeks after 6 years of service)
- 401k Matching Program (up to 7% match)
$20-23/hour depending on experience
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday in Bozeman, MT.
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**