Chief Executive Officer
Who are we?
Incorporated in 1972, Eklutna was organized under the Alaska Corporations Code and the provisions of ANCSA. With ownership of 90,000 acres within the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) and other areas, Eklutna owns some of the last remaining prime commercial, industrial, and residential real estate in the MOA. Eklutna’s goals include honoring their history and culture while maintaining strong community relationships and a professional image.
What are we looking for?
A Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization and all corporate subsidiaries. The CEO will address and work to achieve annual goals designed by the Board of Directors.
‘Day in the life’:
- Manage performance of Eklutna’s portfolio of businesses including oversight of projects, programs, land development, and business affairs
- Work with the BOD to develop corporate strategy and establish goals based on corporate vision, mission, and policies
- Ensure effective business plans are developed to support corporate planning and performance
- Discover new and manage existing markets to generate sustainable income for the corporation and its subsidiaries. Present recommendations and findings for investment in new business ventures to the BOD
- Provide oversight of management team. Develop, build, monitor, and guide professional management team to grow the parent company, subsidiaries, and investments based on market, customer, and stakeholder needs. Maintain focus on ongoing executive development and training.
- Ensure adequate and effective human resources processes and practices. Ensure effective organizational staffing and talent development.
- Ensure the corporation has effective operating procedures and performance standards.
- Report regularly to the Board and annually/semiannually to Shareholders concerning the status of business performance.
- Perform duties in accordance with applicable corporate policies, CEO Contract terms, and follow board directives.
Communications, Public Relations, Corporate, & Governmental Affairs Activities:
- Set the board meeting agenda in coordination with the Board Chair and President.
- Provide guidance and resource for preparation of board packets and agendas; reports, action item descriptions, minutes, resolutions, and motions.
- Ensure annual budget development and presentation to the Board for approval.
- Provide data and information as requested by the Board or Committees. Board communication is expected to be performed and facilitated on a regularly scheduled basis by the CEO or the CEO’s designee
What do we require?
- Ensure Eklutna is represented effectively within the community
- Ensure engagement with community councils, home-owners associations, municipal agencies and municipal assembly associated with land assets, improvements, existing and new projects
- Ensure engagement with State, Federal and Municipal agencies; the Alaska Federation of Natives, and ANVCP on economic issues, trade associations, and governmental enterprises.
- In concurrence with the Board, acts as lead in discussions and negotiations with CIRI, Council and Tribal Administrator of Native Village of Eklutna, and other Alaska Native Corporations.
- Ensure effective planning and conducting of internal/external public relations campaigns and strategies.
- Represent the Company as needed in public, corporate, business, governmental, and community negotiations and related administrative meetings. Act as lead in local, state, and federal Government Affairs issues on behalf of the best interests of the corporation. Represent the Corporation on the ANVCP
- BA/BS degree in business preferred; twenty (20) years of combined post-secondary education, training and work experience may be substituted.
- Ten (10) years of “for-profit” business leadership preferred.
- Governmental contracting experience required.
- Multiple years’ experience in the fields of natural resources, commercial construction, real estate development, and business diversification planning and implementation are preferred.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer/client/shareholder situations; responds promptly to customer/client/shareholder needs; solicits customer/client/shareholder feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**