Interior Design Associate
Who are we?
Spectrum Interior Design
, an award-winning boutique interior design firm, with 20 years of high-end interior design and luxury construction project management expertise, we manage every single step of the design process from blueprint development through the finishing touches of fine home décor. Our projects frequently include our local communities of Los Altos Hills, Silicon Valley, and the greater Bay Area, as well as, vacation destinations and beyond.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an Interior Design Associate
to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously. In collaboration with the Principal, the Interior Design Associate drives the discovery and envisioning phases all the way through the creation and project completion phases.
‘Day in the life’:
What do we require?
- Embrace and embody a sophisticated and transitional aesthetic design
- Manage design development, construction documentation, and procurement of design materials
- Manage individual project scopes, timelines, processes and budgets
- Mentor seasonal Interns and junior design team
- Prepare design presentations and assist in leading those presentations
- Provide prompt and professional client service
- Must possess working knowledge of design projects from new build construction, architectural detailing, and custom furnishings to holiday decor
- 5+ years of working history and hands-on application experience within residential interior design firm
- High-level working proficiency in AutoCAD LT 2012 (or similar)
- Ability to think independently, develop and complete projects with limited direct supervision, in alignment with the Principal’s vision.
Is this you?
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and adaptable to changing demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written, to include client presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Studio Designer, preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of 3-D Rendering, Adobe Photoshop and Sketch-Up a plus.
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from a CIDA-FIDER accredited school preferred.
** This is a full time position located in Mountain View, CA **
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**
- Professional, exemplary client service skills utilizing discretion and sagacity; energetic with ability to collaborate with team at all levels
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and adaptable to changing demands
- Process oriented, enjoys problem solving
- Eager to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Energetic personality