Who are we?
Incorporated in 1972, Eklutna was organized under the Alaska Corporations Code and the provisions of ANCSA. With ownership of 90,000 acres within the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) and other areas, Eklutna owns some of the last remaining prime commercial, industrial, and residential real estate in the MOA. Eklutna’s goals include honoring their history and culture while maintaining strong community relationships and a professional image.
What are we looking for?
An experienced Executive Manager in a real estate based program or portfolio of development related projects and strategic initiatives for organizations in the public, corporate, and/or private sectors. This person will report directly to the President, as well as work in conjunction with other members of the leadership team.
‘Day in the life’:
- Work closely with the President.
- Lead the pursuit of new business development opportunities, business generation activity and marketing strategies. Includes but is not limited to activities such as:
- Identify and recommend acquisition of land and buildings for future development and addition to income producing assets.
- Identify and recommend potential business or investment opportunities to enhance Eklutna’s business strategies.
- Lead community development activities in alignment with Eklutna’s strategic direction.
- Participates in activities that engage local businesses, residents, real estate developers, community councils, and other community stakeholders.
- Act as the Corporation’s new business opportunity agent and advisor including pre-development planning for Eklutna developments.
- Works closely with the Director of Mining and Construction integrating business development and generation opportunities.
- Determine corporate land use strategies and identify revenue-producing opportunities associated with the lands; in conjunction with Director of Mining and Land Manager.
- Work directly with the President and Board of Directors on corporate strategy and strategic initiatives including development of long and short-term goals and objectives to achieve Board established Vision and Mission statements.
Is this you?
- Intelligent, intuitive, and possess “good sense”.
- Curious and Innovative – understands they may not have all or the right answers but continually searching for new concepts, processes, and ideas.
- Ability to adapt positively to evolving environments and situations.
- Lead and collaborate with management team to develop an efficient and succinct business plan.
- Provide oversight and direction to Land Manager to create Corporate Land Use Plan and Initiative.
- Direct and lead communications among internal staff and external professionals to maintain continuity and free-flowing information. Ability to catalyze conversations and move differing viewpoints to a shared vision.
- Works with the President to communicate information to the Board of Directors with respect to accomplishments, customer/client relations and productivity.
What do we require?
- BA/BS degree in business or marketing preferred; strong, consistent combination of work experience, post-secondary education, and training may be substituted.
- Multiple years’ experience in the fields of real estate development, commercial construction, for-profit business diversification, proposal analysis, and strong communication skills.
- Proven track-record demonstrating loyalty and dependability to the organization.
- Strong preference given to candidates with Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act knowledge and experience developing business within Alaska.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer/client/shareholder situations; responds promptly to customer/client/shareholder needs; solicits customer/client/shareholder feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**