Passenger Transportation Driver
Who are we?
For over 12 years, Sol Transportation
has been helping people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently. We specialize in providing the safest transportation services for school districts, state and local government agencies, and the medical industry. We also provide non-emergency medical transportation services for ambulatory, gurney and wheelchair mobile passengers throughout San Diego County.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking full-time and part-time Passenger Transportation Drivers for the North San Diego/Carlsbad area.
‘Day in the life’:
Is this you?
- Responsible for safe and efficient transport of students with disabilities
- Safely transport ambulatory students, wheelchairs and/ or car seats
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle to ensure safe operating condition
- Operate a two-way Radio, Tablet and GPS
- Attend safety meetings
- Set schedules for student drivers
What do we require?
- Able to maintain a professional, "can-do" attitude, always stay focused and a professional appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- 2+ years’ experience (non-emergency)
- Be a licensed driver for at least 5 years
- Be accepted by insurance company
- Have a valid class C driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Able to pass FBI/DOJ background check
- Able to pass pre-employment physical
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- After 90 days for full time employees
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**