Jones Construction, Inc. is a third generation commercial general contracting company that has been operating in our region since 1952. We construct a wide variety of projects, including healthcare, special-use facilities, retail spaces, commercial expansions and renovations, office buildings, and large warehouse buildings with a primary focus on architectural tilt-up concrete. Jones Construction, Inc. is the leader in the state in tilt-up concrete and has completed several award-winning projects in the past 10 years. With a dedication to owner satisfaction, we continue a six decade tradition of excellent quality projects completed on schedule and under budget.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Superintendent to join our team in Billings, MT!
Responsible for overseeing and directing all work on the project site from conception to completion. In this role, the Project Superintendent will work closely with the project team to deliver high quality projects on time, under budget, and in conformance with the contract documents. JCI superintendents are working superintendents that manage & participate in all self-performed work.
· Review and understand construction documents to include plans, specifications, & addenda
· Participate in initial plan review to identify design conflict and any constructability issues
· Collaborate with the Design Team, Owner Group, and Project Team to determine project needs
· Actively involved with building the initial project schedule and updates throughout the project
· Develop, communicate, and execute required phasing and sequencing plans
· Direct, manage, and participate in all planned JCI self-performed work
· Assist project team with shop drawing and submittal review
· Implement & manage the project safety plan to include site security measures
· Review, understand, and manage building code compliance per local & state jurisdictions
· Strict review and managing quality control measures
· Plan and communicate with the project team to ensure manpower and resources are adequate
· Manage equipment operator’s certification for all on-site staff and subcontractors
· Exhibit professionalism in compliance with the JCI culture on and off the job site
Preferred Experience & Skills
· 5 years experience as a commercial construction superintendent or in a similar role
· Experience in managing staff and subcontractors
· Experience in self-performing wood or metal stud framing is desired
· Experience in self-performing the installation of doors, frames, and hardware is desired
· Ability to read, understand, and implement construction plans & specifications
· Strong understanding of all CSI Divisions of Work
· In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
· Working knowledge and understanding of International Building Codes
· Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent communications skills – ability to correspond effectively with clients & project team
Jones Construction, Inc. offers a 100% company sponsored profit sharing program, paid health and dental premiums for the employees, paid holidays, vacation, and performance bonus program. A company fuel card, utility vehicle, cell phone and other desired technology devices are also provided.
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**