Field Application Engineer
Who are we?
TouchNetix is a well-established, highly respected company specializing in bespoke multi-touch capacitive touchscreen designs and related Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) technologies. Boasting over $12M sales 2020 with 150+ projects shipping in industrial, medical and Industrial automotive markets, the company is now moving into the field of silicon design and supply.
TouchNetix has launched a market leading user interface chip for providing arguably the most advanced capacitive touch, 3D touch, pressure measurement and haptic response solution currently available. The chip also enables hover and proximity feature for touchless UI. Their target markets for this are firstly automotive then industrial and medical.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer for the Axiom product line but will include aspects of the full touch module design and implementation. If a well-established/financially secure company interests you, if selling and promoting new and market leading products and taking on the ‘big guys’ excites you and you like the feel of a start-up but without the risk then we’d like to hear from you.
‘Day in the life’:
What do we require?
- Be a member of the applications/project team globally
- Provide on-site field support for TouchNetix customers as and when required and supporting the sales organization with technical support and on-site presentations
- Provide support office and field based for all aspects of the Axiom product line
- Travel within the United State, with some international travel from time to time
- A degree (or close international equivalent) in Electronics or Physics (2-1 or better).
- Other subjects will be considered if the candidate can display good aptitude in the required disciplines
- Customer facing in a technical role
- A background in semiconductors, touch panels/systems or displays
- Hands-on experience of electronic circuit design and debug (2+ yrs)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Complete product lifecycle design and support experience
- Commercial awareness
- Comfortable and confident in front of customers
Is this you?
- Capacitive touch experience
- Hands-on experience of PC software creation (1+ yrs)
- Firmware creation for low-end micros
- Ability to create demo and test software
- Familiarity with typical PC based CAD applications including (for example) OrCAD, PADs,
- CadStar, Protel, Corel, Solidworks, ProE, Inventor, AutoCAD
- “Can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Highly practical
- Biased towards a gregarious and outgoing nature
- Work comfortably within a small team
- Have an excellent way with customers and project as an “expert in the field”
- Able to create high quality, concise reports and presentations
- Highly structured and logical thinker
- Show attention to detail and consistency in everything you do
- Have a work ethic that makes you want to deliver the same quality and service to our customers that you would want yourself
- Strive to offer that bit extra
- Always push to do today what others will leave ‘til tomorrow!
- Take the initiative when things need to get done
- Volunteer to take ownership of problems without much prompting
- Ready to travel to see customers
- Act as an ambassador for TouchNetix
**This Job Description was created in part by Cosentus Business Services through our Job Advertising Service. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with Cosentus Business Services.***